Roll out the red carpet!
Open the champagne!
It’s time to enter the Hall of Fame!
Exactly one week ago, my Sapphire Star Publishing sister, the amazing Lisa Regan, released her second book: ABERRATION! Today, Lisa is visiting to celebrate with us, so give it up for Lisa!!
FBI analyst Kassidy Bishop is assigned to the “For You” Killer’s Task Force after a series of sadistic murders bearing the same signature arise in different parts of the country, but when the investigation leads directly back to her, she is forced to delve into her own past. To find the killer, Kassidy must confront the painful memories of her twin sister’s mysterious death or risk losing everything to a ruthless madman—including her own life.
Lisa’s Top 5 Tips for
Deterring Stalkers that you can get from this novel:
- Shred all important documents before you throw them away. On second thought, if at all possible, burn your trash. This would have saved my protagonist’s privacy from being invaded in a major way.
- Vary your routine. Don’t do exactly the same thing every day. That makes it too easy for a potential stalker or other scary-type-person to strike—as the victims in this book could tell you if they were still with us.
- Do background checks on people who are insinuating themselves into your life. Or, at the very least, Google them! This would have saved some characters in the book years of trouble!
- Be careful what you say to people and when and where you say it. For example, if you’re having a phone conversation while you’re grocery shopping or on the bus, everyone near you can hear your conversation. You may be incredibly revealing without even knowing it. If there is something you want to keep private, speak about it privately. Be careful what kinds of personal details you tell strangers. For one of my characters in particular, her gift for gab got her into a very bad situation.
- Pay attention. When you’re out, be aware of your surroundings and the people in them. Criminals just love people who are engrossed in their cell phones while they’re walking around or women who are digging in their pocketbooks the whole way to their car. Don’t be distracted.
About Lisa Regan
Lisa Regan is a suspense novelist. She has a Bachelor’s Degree in English and Master of Education Degree from Bloomsburg University. She is a member of Sisters In Crime and Pennwriters. She lives in Philadelphia with her husband and daughter. Her first novel, Finding Claire Fletcher was recently nominated for the eFestival of Words Best of the Independent eBook Awards in three categories: Best Novel, Best Thriller and Best Heroine for Claire Fletcher.
HUGE congratulations on your second book birthday, Lisa!