I am absolutely astouned, amazed, delighted and bowled over at receiving the following award from the lovely Sue Fortin over at lovereadinglovebooks:
Thank you so much to Sue at love reading love books for granting me this award. Sue has been a tremendous source of support and advice as I started out on my blogging journey and there’s been a few occasions where her guidance saved my day.
The rules of the award are
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award
2. Share seven things about yourself.
3. Send it onto fifteen other bloggers you appreciate and let them know you have awarded it to them.
So…here go seven things about myself:
1) Even though I still refer to Germany as ‘home’ occasionally, I haven’t lived there for 18 years and have no desire to move back!
2) I hate wasps more than I hate spiders. Wasps would be my room 101!
3) I had a career in something approximating business consulting once, but I’ve recently retrained as a teaching assistant and love every minute of my volunteering work in a local primary school!
4) I had violent food poising arising from badly cooked lamb once, and to this day I can’t deal with even just the smell of lamb cooking. Bit of a problem at Easter time!
5) I can’t swim. Well, not really.
6) A very nice-looking gentleman approached me in Pentagon City Shopping mall asking me for an autograph. He kept asking me if I was Cynthia Nixon. When I looked confused, he started mumbling something about sex in the city, so I thought he was being very strange… and when HBO came into the conversation, I thought he was being downright rude. NB: This was my first weekend in Washington DC and I’d never, ever seen Sex in the City, or heard of HBO.
7) I had to re-learn all German nursery songs when my first child was born, not having spoken German on a regular basis for over 12 years. Doh!
I would like to pass The Versatile Blogger Award on to the following blogs. A lot of them are book bloggers, and quite a lot of them love chick lit (yes, I **will** continue to call it this!)…but quite a few of them also review all manner of different genres and are definitely worth checking out. All of them work hard and offer great posts!
2.) The Book Chick
3.) Chick Litaholic
7.) The Review Girl
8.) Books 4 U
9.) The Write Stuff
10.) My Life. One Story at a Time.
11.) Bookworm, Ink.
12.) Sue Watson’s Blog
13.) Laurie’s Thoughts and Reviews
14.) Ela’s Book Blog
15.) Turning the Pages
Thank you so much x x x
That’s so sweet of you for thinking of me! Thank you so, so much!!
The Write Stuff
You’re welcome! It’s a great blog you have there and you deserve it! x 🙂
LOL #6 is awesome and true, I knew you looked like someone…
I’ve already been tagged! So go here to see it http://alchemyofscrawl.wordpress.com/2011/10/02/ive-been-tagged/
Hello! Glad you found your nomination and all that. I **knew** you’d already been tagged! I do read your blog and your email notifications, but I think your blog in particular is so versatile that you definitely deserve The Versatile Blogger award (unless your previous tag is the same award, in which case I apologise and plead extenuating circumstances owing to exceptional dim-ness). Besides, one can never have too many accolades, right? XX
Pingback: The Versatile Blogger Award | The Write Stuff
Thanks so much! 🙂 I’m enjoying your book and can’t wait to read even further!