CentreStage showcases fabulous authors from around the world, and today it is my extra-special, huge pleasure to welcome the fabulous Samantha Stroh Bailey, author of the outstanding romantic comedy, Finding Lucas. Sam has a tremendous sense of humour and over recent weeks we’ve discovered that we have so much in common, it’s like we’re long-distance soul sisters. I kid you not! So without further ado, I give you:
Samantha Stroh Bailey!
Thanks so much to the fabulous Nicky Wells for inviting me here today.
Nicky: Why, thank you for visiting! I’m so thrilled you could make it all the way from Canada today, Sam!
Nicky and I met through social media and instantly bonded over writing, motherhood and sassy senses of humor. I loved Sophie’s Turn and am so happy to have found another author I admire.
Nicky: *blushes* why, thank you!
I thought I’d give a peek into the, perhaps, somewhat unexpected aspects of my personality. Here goes!
- I’m a Gemini, so I have a dual personality. While I’m very easygoing and down- to-earth, I’m also anxious and stress about the little things.
- I love meat and nothing is better than gnawing on a giant bone. Disgusting, I know.
- I don’t like bread and pasta.
- I’m scared of thunder, snakes, heights, and not accomplishing everything I want to.
- Technology also scares the crap out of me.
- I love alternative music and a lead singer who screams has me for life. Chris Cornell of Soundgarden has the sexiest voice in the world.
- I’m addicted to celebrity gossip.
- People think I smile all the time, but they don’t see me when I first wake up, and I’m a bear.
- When you’re talking to me, I’m watching your every move for writing fodder. Sorry.
- I was a competitive dancer for years until stage fright derailed my plans of going to Juilliard and re-enacting Flashdance. The audition part—not the exotic dancer part.
Nicky: Wow, Sam, thank you for sharing! I’m with you on most of these points although I have to confess loving my carbs. And now I’ll forever envisage you in the role of exotic dancer… 🙂
I’m always excited when readers feel a connection to Jamie Ross, the protagonist in my debut novel, Finding Lucas. And I am so intrigued when people point out our similarities and differences from their perspectives. Well, here’s my view!
Jamie and I:
- are both huge coffee addicts.
- love to drop the F bomb into adult conversation.
- both have gorgeous and tall BFFs.
- adore men with messy hair and stubble.
- …I am quite fond of the color pink.
- …I tend to embarrass my family instead of the other way around.
- …I wish I had her ass.
- …I’m a better dancer.
I’m so grateful to everyone who has read and enjoyed Finding Lucas.
Nicky: Sorry to interrupt again but… Me! Me! I loved Finding Lucas. I couldn’t put it down. I laughed out loud, and I cried, and I gnawed my fingers when the plan… (don’t want to give any spoilers here!)…um…shall we say, when the plan comes to fruition. Sort of. It’s an awesome, fabulous, life-affirming and sassy read and I couldn’t recommend it more. LOL, end of broadcast. Sam, you were saying?
And I hope you liked this little glimpse into the real me! I love to hear from my readers, so please connect with me!
And here’s how! You can find Sam in these places:
Finding Lucas is available here:
Go get your copy now!!! 🙂
Let’s have a big round of applause for Sam, please! Thank you!
Now then. Which of Sam’s personality traits do you share?
Which one most surprises you?
Do you have a quirky trait that you’d like to share with us?
(Please do! Here’s mine: I suffer from two forms of phobia: Podophobia, and Spheksophobia. Oh, and I’m the world’s lousiest swimmer!)